Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gun2 pictures (for real) + GunZ with no lead  (Read 50003 times)

Scent

Re: Gun2 pictures (for real) + GunZ with no lead
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »
so what i got from that trailer was if you have a flamethrower you'll get kills

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »
GunZ source: leaked

TheoBell

• Curse Member
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
I thought it was called GunZ source: leaked: Nobody Cares Edition.
tok пишет:
 now send me fully peeled banana in your mouth
 pls

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
Guess who's in! The development build is extremely demanding, so I was getting low FPS even before Fraps was recording. This is a quick tour of Mansion 2.
Mansion2 tour

Edit: Most of the maps are unifinished, texture wise.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:36:01 PM by peaceofpi »

TheoBell

• Curse Member
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
y u no salshotr?
tok пишет:
 pls

baked

• Pringles is a faggot
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
y u no salshotr?

seriously is there actually no slashshot? in general does it feel good to play?

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
There's no need for slashshot because you can dash with guns. I'm very happy with it so far. Some mechanics feel a bit clunky, but it's not like anyone should be playing with this client anyway. The wallrunning's been streamlined so that you don't have to approach with exact timing/angles anymore. Anytime you hit space on a wall, you run up/across it rather than jumping off of it. This means there's no slash climbing. Not necessarily a bad thing since you don't need it anymore, but as you can see in the video I'm still a bit confused about going up by one floor >_>

I don't think there will be a 5 gun setup in the release; it'll probably be close to what we have now in GunZ. These are the current setups:
Assassin: Dual wield dagger + pistol, katana, shotgun, SMG, sniper rifle (probably trying to cater to the old crowd)
Fighter: Dual wield a sharp thing + pistol, blunt spiky weapon, rifle, shotgun, some kind of grenade launcher (they're duds at the moment)
Heavy: Machine gun, flamethrower, riot shield, dagger, shotgun

The game feels and looks like a true sequel to GunZ. They removed the convoluted elements of K-style and implemented the good ones pretty successfully. I've found one trivial cancel move so far. The lack of K-style will definitely seal or break the deal for a lot of people. I'm happy because I wanted it to be gone.

Scent

« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2011, 07:12:18 AM »
deal brokeded

TheoBell

• Curse Member
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »
Wat, k-style was like the only good thing about gunz - a unique mechanic that allowed nearly unrestricted movement. Everything else was shit.
tok пишет:
 pls

toktok

• Curse Admin
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:29 AM »
Wat he said ^
[5:55:26 AM] Sergei: shake the giant penis
[5:55:28 AM] Sergei: harder

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »
If you want K-style, there's still GunZ 1. Me? I'm moving on!

baked

• Pringles is a faggot
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2011, 04:41:35 PM »
i actually don't understand you though. what do you like, the lore? you can't really respect MAIET can you? i seriously don't understand the attraction if not kstyle

TheoBell

• Curse Member
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
Well, I thought they would embrace it as it's the only thing that made their game successful - make it official, integrate it into the game better, have tutorials, create proper animations, perhaps simplify it a bit, but leave the core idea behind kstyle intact - that you can smoothely move along and between surfaces at will, change direction at any time while shooting at your opponent.
tok пишет:
 pls

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
i actually don't understand you though. what do you like, the lore? you can't really respect MAIET can you? i seriously don't understand the attraction if not kstyle
I like the feel, overall, of both games. My imagination may be at fault. Gun2 took GunZ and put it in the future with some remarkable improvements. That's all I'd expect out of a sequel.
Well, I thought they would embrace it as it's the only thing that made their game successful - make it official, integrate it into the game better, have tutorials, create proper animations, perhaps simplify it a bit, but leave the core idea behind kstyle intact - that you can smoothely move along and between surfaces at will, change direction at any time while shooting at your opponent.
While I understand the point about the movement feeling more restricted than that of GunZ, I think they did all that needed to be done. I was worried, ever since they acknowledged K-style in the first Gun2 FAQ, that they'd screw up big time trying to reimplement a bunch of glitches. I will admit I'm disappointed that, so far, the aerial moves are lackluster.

If you only want K-style, it's a bad game. If you want a better GunZ with some homage to K-style, it's a good game. That's about the best way to put it. I can't wait to play the real thing, and it sucks that I won't see any of you there.

sLambone

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
I mean I'm willing to try it, but it looks like a watered down version of S4 League now.
They're right about K-style. It turned a simplified shitty TPS into a game that actually required skill. I'd say GunZ was probably the most technically demanding MMORPGs (and probably one of the most unique, gameplay wise) and now they basically changed back to shitty WSAD jump and click.
I say that if the company has a successful franchise and they are some like underground game producing company, to hell with standardized shit and give us something that catered to the players.

baked

• Pringles is a faggot
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2011, 01:46:42 AM »
I'd say GunZ was probably the most technically demanding MMORPGs

uhhh, i see

peaceofpi

• Internet Superhero
  • YOU GOT THE BERSERKER!
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »
I think K-style (in combat) mainly complements the ping shields of international players. Of course the KGunZ players still use it, but people who can aim in either version can kill without even hitting the space bar. No lead servers provided a whole lake full of tears when people learned to do this with revolvers.

I'll miss the transportation speed it provided, though. You can still scale any wall/object, but the midair freedom is lacking.

baked

• Pringles is a faggot
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Because revolvers are overpowered and any good no lead server breaks them or takes them out of the game. People who play with SGs still use k style non stop O.o. Good kstyle now is at a level where they can shoot as fast as if they were walking, making walking obsolete.

No

• Curse Member
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
never gonna get dat smoothness again

and I enjoyed leading, it was mysterious.
rayray / carnality

Scent

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2011, 05:58:21 AM »
^ what he said combined with what everyone else said.

i think what they only really needed was perhaps a graphical update to keep players interested, a larger audience, more maps, and minimize the damage of the weapons. i think some players preferred the leading in the game, not because it gave them a shield, but because people dont like dying in 3 shots becuase its pretty much whoever shoots 3-4 times first, wins. all they need to do is lessen the damage or keep pings at a stable 30 or so.

i think the best private server so far that i bothered to play was/(is? i think its still around) is Quality Gunz.
- no lead
- all armour + weapons available at level 1 but all types of weapons have the same damage so they arent overpowered. e.g breaker 7 does the same dmg as breaker 8 and pioneer. all the armour is set to 120hp and 100ap so no matter what you wear everyone has the same amount of health
- premum meds are limited to 3, not 5, so you only get 60hp back, as opposed to 100
- the sword damage was done right, where as in HG Gunz you could slash someone who was 200 ping to you from a mile away.
+ more i cant be bothered listing.

essentially, just make Quality Gunz the gunz 2 and ill play it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up